Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Nursery

Kirtus has made great strides with the nursery over the past month and my sister's were able to pretty much finish it off while they were here this past weekend:) They brought baby clothes and supplies and of course their creativity:) I feel so much more prepared (well, as much as I can:)) after all of their help-- I know parenting usually comes "naturally" to everyone but it sure does help to have some assistance along the way:)



We ended up going with a gender neutral theme of saige green/cream with coordinating fabrics. Our friend Rebeka painstakingly helped us paint the harlequin diamonds on the wall and also gave us the dresser to refinish. My mother-in-law's friend, Elaine, did a fabulous job of making all of the bedding (it was her first time making baby bedding)! It has been so much fun to plan and decorate this room we've wanted for YEARS:)



View from door...





Jake's crib- the pictures over the crib are vintage Beatrix Potter prints that I found for $1 apiece! All we needed to do was get them framed:)


Front view of Jake's crib...

Lilly's crib...


Front view of Lilly's crib (I "heart" toile fabric:))


My prized possession- the GLIDER!:) The chair glides along with the ottoman and the ottman opens up for storage!

Another view of glider along with nightstand/shelf...

Close-up of saying over shelf- "Such a large miracle in such little babies"- LOVE this quote:) (I'm going to re-order it though in all green...) Oh and how cute are the two bunnies (from my neighbor) and two pears (from Elaine)!:)

View of nightstand and door with diamond..and of course the family tree!

That's pretty much where we are at with the nursery- still need some closet storage and there is a major debate about getting a chandelier:)...I'll keep you posted on the progress...


I also wanted to show you other parts of the house now overflowing with baby paraphinalia:)...Its so weird to see it all over the house!


Family room...Thank you Holly for putting the swings/bouncy chairs together!

3 comments:

  1. what a beautiful nursery! cant' say it enough, I'm SO happy for you. Love Nic

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is GORGEOUS!!!! I love it!!

    Praying for you!! You could have already had the babies by now - I'll have to give a call soon! I have news for you from us, too!! (No, not pregnant...yet). :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely STUNNING nursery! What up Martha Stewart~

    ReplyDelete